This sustainable seafood recipe is great for bbq-ing on a summery afternoon.
Simple and Delicious Tilapia Tacos
INGREDIENTS:3 cups spinach, rough chopped (or 1/2 bag of prewashed Spinach) 1 onions, chopped 2 cups mushrooms, rough chopped, either baby bella or white 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine Salt and pepper 1 Tbsp olive oil ½ tsp dried oregano ½ tsp dried basil ½ tsp chile powder ½ tsp paprika ¼ cayenne powder 4 fillets US farmed tilapia Salt and pepper Chile powder 1 cup the best green chile sauce (recipe above) ¼ cup monterrey jack cheese, shredded ½ cup lettuce, chopped 1 tomato, chopped 3-5 tortillas depending on size
- Medium Chop the onions and garlic, reserving half of each.
- Sauté half of the onions in 1 Tbsp olive oil and then add the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-5 more minutes until tender.
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Add spices and stir.
- Season the tilapia with salt and pepper and chile powder, sauté in ½ Tbsp olive oil with the remaining onions and garlic.
- On a clean skillet or flame burner, toast the tortillas, do not burn.
- Assemble the tacos.